Creating an Application
Create an application on the Management Portal to connect physical devices and NAs to the IoT platform for device data collection and device management.
After an application is created, the IoT platform assigns the application and device access addresses and ports to support fast NA and device access.
- Log in to the HUAWEI CLOUD management console. Click IoT Device Management, and click Management Portal.
- Choose Application List, and click Create Application.
- Set the parameters based on Table 1.
Table 1 Application creation parameters
Specify the name of an application. It must be unique under the user and cannot be changed.
Select a value based on the industry attributes of the application.
Message Tracing AuthorizationSpecify whether the IoT platform operations administrator can trace faulty devices.
- If message tracing authorization is enabled, the IoT platform operations administrator, when helping you locate faults, can trace service data reported by devices. When authorization is enabled, Authorization Validity must also be specified. The value of Authorization Validity can be set to Custom or Always. To ensure user data rights, the IoT platform operations administrator can retain the device data for a maximum of three days.
- If message tracing authorization is disabled, the IoT platform operations administrator cannot trace service data reported by devices. This may reduce fault locating efficiency. You are advised to enable authorization.
The push protocol is determined by the transport protocol set when a network application (NA) subscribes to device information from the IoT platform. If the transmission channel for data push is set to HTTP on the NA, you can use HTTPS or HTTP to transmit data.
- HTTPS: Encrypted transmission is used between the IoT platform and NA. A CA certificate must be uploaded to the NA.
- HTTP: Non-encrypted transmission is used between the IoT platform and NA. This mode is relatively less secure, and data sent between the IoT platform and NA may be disclosed.
The CA certificate is provided by the NA and used by the IoT platform to verify the NA.NOTE:
The CA certificate preconfigured on the IoT platform is used only for commissioning. In commercial scenarios, use the CA certificate provided by the NA.
Device Data ManagementThe IoT platform can store historical device data. You can enable or disable the storage function. The default value is On.
- If the value is On, the IoT platform stores historical data. The storage duration is subject to that displayed.
- If the value is Off, the IoT platform does not store historical data.
The NA subscribes to device information from the IoT platform, and the IoT platform pushes messages to the NA.
Describe the application.
Specify the icon of the application.
- Select I have read and agree to the Terms of Personal Data Use, and click Confirm. After the application is created, the Success dialog box is displayed, showing basic information about the application, including the application ID, application secret, application access address, and device access address.
- Click Save Secret to Local to save the application secret. The secret is invisible on the application details page. Keep it secure. If you forget the secret, click and choose Reset Secret. Alternatively, you can open the application details page, click the Information tab page, and click Reset under Security.NOTE:
The application ID and application secret are used by the NA to connect to the IoT platform. If you reset the secret, the old secret becomes invalid, and the NA server must use the new secret to access the IoT platform. Exercise caution when performing this operation.
- Click Go to Application Details to view the application details page.
- Click Return to Application List to display the page for creating an application. Click the application icon to view its details.
- Click Save Secret to Local to save the application secret. The secret is invisible on the application details page. Keep it secure. If you forget the secret, click and choose Reset Secret. Alternatively, you can open the application details page, click the Information tab page, and click Reset under Security.
- (Optional) For an NB-IoT device, click the created application. On the Service Settings tab page of the application details page, set the working mode of the NB-IoT device. The working mode corresponds to the cache mode of commands delivered by the IoT platform. The working mode must be the same as the working mode used by the device.
- Pending delivery: Set the working mode to PSM. The value of expireTime in the command delivery API is used. If expireTime is not set, the default time is 48 hours.
- Immediately delivery: Set the working mode to DRX or eDRX. Commands are not cached and are delivered directly.