Connecting a Device
Connect a physical device to the IoT platform to verify that the device can report data to the IoT platform and display the data on the Management Portal.
A device has been developed. For details, see Developing a Device.
- Set the IoT platform IP address and port number on the device to the device interconnection information of IoT Device Management. You can view the interconnection information on the IoT Management Console.
- (Optional) If the device is an MQTT device, load the commercial CA certificate provided by the IoT platform to the device.
- Power on the device to report data to the IoT platform.
- Log in to the Management Portal. Choose , and check the device status on the device list. If the status is Online, the device has been connected to the IoT platform.
- Click the device. On the details page, view the latest reported data. If the data can be properly parsed and displayed, the device reports data successfully.
To view all reported historical data, click the Historical Data tab.
- On the Commands tab page of the device details page, click Send Command, select a command, and issue the command to the device. Check the execution result. If the device acts as instructed and the execution result of the command delivery task is displayed as Delivered or Successful on the Management Portal, the device command is delivered successfully.
- If the NB-IoT device uses the pending delivery mode, the command is delivered to the device only after the device reports data.
- If the device returns the command execution result (success or failure) to the IoT platform, the task status is updated to Successful or Failed based on the execution result.