HA and DR
Compared with traditional HA, cloud-based HA has the following advantages:
- Agility: HA systems can be deployed on the cloud quickly and effectively. However, to realize traditional HA, you need to purchase servers and hardware, complete hardware planning, and require skilled engineers for construction.
- Flexible expansion: HA systems on the cloud can be dynamically expanded as required to meet system performance requirements. However, the traditional HA architecture is fixed and not easy to be dynamically expanded.
- O&M: Tenants do not need to maintain the cloud-based HA. It is maintained by the cloud service providers. However, traditional HA requires local O&M teams for maintenance.
- Reliability: HA on the cloud can be deployed in different regions based on the tenant's requirements to achieve cross-region HA and ensure system security.
- Costs: Compared with traditional HA, cloud-based HA is cost-effective.
HUAWEI CLOUD provides comprehensive HA and DR schemes for SAP HANA. For details, see SAP HANA HA and DR Guide.