How Can I Store Data to DWS?
DWS supports efficient data import from multiple data sources. The following lists typical data import modes. For details, see Data Import in the Data Warehouse Service Database Developer Guide.
- Import data from OBS.
Upload data to the OBS and import data from the OBS to data warehouse clusters. Data formats such as CSV and TEXT are supported.
- Run the INSERT statement to insert data.
Use the gsql client tool provided by DWS or the JDBC/ODBC driver to write data to DWS from upper-layer applications. DWS supports complete database transaction-level CRUD operations. This is the simplest method and is applicable to scenarios with small data volume and low concurrency.
- Import data from MRS and use MRS as the ETL.
- Run the COPY FROM STDIN command to import data.
You can run the COPY FROM STDIN command to write data to a table.
- Use GDS to import data from a remote server to DWS.
When you need to import data files from a common file system (for example, an ECS) to DWS, use the GDS data import function provided by DWS.
- Import data from DIS to DWS.
- Use CDM to migrate data to DWS.