What Is Cloud Performance Test Service?
Distributed architecture and microservice technologies have caused applications to become increasingly complex. This complexity results in architecture deconstruction and performance improvements. However, it also brings the challenges of difficulty locating performance problems in the production environment and long repair periods. Performance tests in advance of application launches are therefore necessary.
Cloud Performance Test Service (CPTS) provides performance test services for cloud applications that are built based on HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, UDP or WEBSOCKET. CPTS performs rapid simulation of service peaks with large numbers of concurrent users. It allows you to define the contents and time sequences of packets and supports different combinations of multiple transactions for complex scenario tests. CPTS simplifies performance pressure tests, focuses on services and performance problems, reduces costs, improves stability, optimizes user experience, and maximizes the business value of enterprises.
CPTS provides tests for HTTP/HTTPS/TCP/UDP/WEBSOCKET-based applications with high user concurrency. It allows you to flexibly define multi-protocol packet contents, transactions, and test task models. CPTS also allows you to view performance statistics, such as concurrency, transactions per second (TPS), and response latency in real time or in offline mode. Additionally, CPTS performs management of test resource groups based on the changes in required performance test scales. This management includes creating and scaling of private test resource groups.
Multi-protocol and high-concurrency performance tests
- Quickly define standard HTTP/HTTPS/TCP/UDP/WEBSOCKET packet contents. You can send pressure test traffic to different tested applications through simple adjustment.
Based on the service requirements of tested applications, CPTS allows you to define any fields in HTTP/HTTPS/TCP/UDP/WEBSOCKET protocol packets, for example, configuring and editing the GET and POST methods of HTTP, as well as the uniform resource locator (URL), header, and body fields.
- Define the behavior of virtual users for different test scenarios.
Specify the interval for sending requests of the same user by setting the think time, or define multiple request packets in a transaction to set the number of requests initiated by each user per second.
- Customize the response result verification to provide more accurate standards for determining successful requests.
CPTS allows you to configure checkpoints based on your service requests. After obtaining response packets, CPTS verifies their response code and header fields. Only response packets meeting the specified conditions are considered normal responses.
Defining test task models for complex scenario tests
- With multiple flexible combinations of transaction elements and test task phases, CPTS allows you to test application performance in scenarios with different user operation types and concurrent user operations.
- A transaction can be used by multiple test tasks, and multiple test phases can be defined for a transaction. In each test phase, you can define the test duration, number of concurrent users and tests, as well as simulate complex scenarios with different traffic peaks and troughs.
Figure 2 Complex scenario tests
Providing professional performance test reports for easy understanding of application performance
- CPTS collects application performance statistics from multiple aspects, such as TPS, number of concurrent users, response latency, number of accumulated access requests, response verification results, and response timeout interval.
- CPTS provides real-time and offline test reports for you to view and analyze test data at any time.
Managing private test clusters, isolating tenants' traffic, and providing on-demand use
- Using CPTS, you can create test clusters as required to isolate the traffic of different users and perform internal and external network pressure tests of applications. After the tests are complete, the test clusters can be deleted at any time.
- CPTS supports real-time scale-ins, scale-outs, and upgrading of test clusters.