Large-memory ECSs provide an even larger amount of memory than memory-optimized ECSs. They are used for applications that require a large amount of memory, rapid data switching, low latency, and process large volumes of data. Large-memory ECSs provide large memory and high computing, storage, and network performance.
Large-memory ECSs are suitable for applications that require a large amount of memory, rapid data switching, and low latency, and process large volumes of data.
- Application scenarios
E3 ECSs: OLAP and OLTP applications with hyper-threading enabled
- Large-memory ECSs do not support NIC hot swapping.
- E3 ECSs support the following OS that has been verified:
SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 12 SP2 64bit
- E1 and E2 ECSs can use the following types of EVS disks as system disk and data disk:
- High I/O (performance-optimized I)
- Ultra-high I/O (latency-optimized)
- The primary and extension NICs of a large-memory ECS have specified application scenarios. For details, see Table 2.
Table 2 Application scenarios of the NICs of a large-memory ECS
Applies to vertical layer 3 communication.
Applies to horizontal layer 2 communication.
To improve network performance, you can set the MTU of the extension NIC to 8888.