Before using Cloud Trace Service (CTS), you need to enable it. If CTS is not enabled, operations on resources cannot be recorded. After being enabled, CTS automatically creates a tracker and records all operations of the current tenant in the tracker. CTS can display traces generated in the last seven days. To store operation records for a long time, you can save trace files to Object Storage Service (OBS). Therefore, before enabling CTS, you need to enable OBS and have full permissions on the OBS bucket to be used.
This section describes how to enable CTS.
You have registered a HUAWEI CLOUD account and completed real-name authentication.
- Object Storage Service (OBS): used to store trace files.
You must select a standard OBS bucket because CTS needs to frequently access the OBS bucket that stores traces.
- Data Encryption Workshop (DEW): Provides keys that can be used to encrypt trace files.
- Simple Message Notification (SMN): Sends email or SMS message notifications to users when key operations are performed.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click Service List and choose Management & Deployment > Cloud Trace Service.
- Click Enable CTS to enable CTS.
- On the displayed page, click Enable to enable CTS. A tracker will be automatically created.
By default, Apply to All Regions is enabled, indicating that a tracker is created in all regions to improve the completeness and accuracy of audit logs.
- Click Configure in the Operation column to set OBS Bucket and File Prefix. Table 1 lists the parameters to be specified.
Table 1 Parameter description
Name of the OBS bucket in which trace files are to be stored.NOTE:
Each OBS bucket name must be globally unique. When a bucket is being created, the system checks in the central region whether the same name exists. Therefore, the bucket creation log is recorded in the central region. After a bucket is created, operation logs associated with the bucket are recorded in the region where the bucket resides.
Used for identifying the logs stored in the OBS bucket. This parameter is optional. The value is a string of 0 to 64 characters, and can contain uppercase and lowercase letters, digits, hyphens (-), underscores (_), and periods (.). If a tracker is created, a value will be generated automatically in the same way as you specify the value manually.
- Click OK.