Step 1: Starting Preparations
This guide is an introductory tutorial that demonstrates how to create a sample data warehouse cluster, connect to the cluster's database, and analyze the sample data. You can use this tutorial to evaluate DWS.
Before creating a data warehouse cluster, ensure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Registering a Public Cloud Account and Authenticating It Using Your Real Name
- Determining the Cluster Ports
Registering a Public Cloud Account and Authenticating It Using Your Real Name
If you do not have a public cloud account, register one. If you have an account that has passed real-name authentication, skip this step and use your existing account.
- Open the official public cloud website (https://intl.huaweicloud.com/en-us/) and click Register in the upper right corner. The registration page is displayed.
- Fill in user information as instructed to complete the registration.
- Click the username in the upper right corner to enter the Account Info page. Then click Real-Name Authentication in the left navigation pane.
- Perform real-name authentication as prompted.
You must perform real-name authentication before enabling cloud services.
Determining the Cluster Ports
- When creating a data warehouse cluster, you need to specify a port for SQL clients or applications to access the cluster.
- If your client is behind a firewall, you need an available port so that you can connect to the cluster and perform query and analysis from the SQL client tool.
- If you do not know an available port, contact the network administrator to specify an open port on your firewall. The ports supported by DWS range from 8000 to 10000.
- After the cluster is created, its port number cannot be changed. Ensure that the port specified during cluster creation is available.