An application is a group of the same or similar services divided based on service requirements. Applications include system applications and custom applications. For system applications, they are deployed on Application Performance Management (APM) and synchronized to Application Operations Management (AOM). Their names cannot be modified. For custom applications, they consist of a series of services that fulfill similar or the same functions. Their names and other information can be modified.
Applications are defined to facilitate service O&. You can create applications as follows:
- When using APM, create applications and install probes by referring to APM Getting Started. This type of application is system applications. You can query them on the AOM console.
- On the Service Discovery page of the AOM console, configure application information and create applications according to Configuring Service Discovery. You can custom application names, and add system application names.
- In the AOM console, choose Panoramic Monitoring > Application List, create applications, and allocate services to the applications based on functions. You can customize your own applications and query system applications.
- In the AOM console, choose Panoramic Monitoring > Service List, create applications, and allocate services to the applications based on functions. You can customize your own applications and query system applications.
- Log in to the AOM console. In the navigation pane, choose Panoramic Monitoring > Application List.
- Click an application. On the details page that is displayed, manage and monitor services in batches by application.
Figure 1 Application details
- During routine O&M, you can monitor various metrics of applications on the View Monitor Graphs tab page.
Figure 2 Monitoring graphs
You can also perform the following operations:
- Adding an application
For the same or similar services that are discovered by default service discovery rules or that are not installed with APM probes, group them logically, that is, add them to the same application and monitor them by application.
In the upper right corner of the Application List page, click Create Application to add a custom application. After the custom application is added, you can monitor it.
- Creating a view template
AOM provides a default view template (Application template) and this template can be modified. You can also click the plus sign (+) in to customize a view template.
- Adding a metric graph
You can click to add a line graph or click to add a digit graph to a view template. You can also delete, move, and copy metric graphs in a view template. For details, see Dashboard.
- Adding a view template to a dashboard
In the More drop-down list in the upper right corner, you can set the time range for metric graphs in a view template in batches, add the view template to a dashboard, and perform monitoring on the Dashboard page.
- Adding an application