Creating a Cluster
The first step of using MRS is to purchase a cluster. This section describes how to create a cluster on the MRS management console.
- Log in to the MRS management console.
- Click Buy Cluster. The Buy Cluster page is displayed.
When creating a cluster, pay attention to quota notification. If a resource quota is insufficient, increase the resource quota as prompted and create a cluster.
- Configure cluster software information.
- Region: Use the default value.
- Cluster Name: You can use the default name. However, you are advised to include your employee ID or name abbreviation or date for consolidated memory and easy distinguishing, for example, mrs_20160907.
- Cluster Version: Use the latest version, which is the default value.
- Cluster Type: Use the default value.
- Select Spark, HBase, Hive, and other components for an analysis cluster. Select Kafka, Storm, and other components for a streaming cluster.
- Kerberos Authentication: Click to disable Kerberos authentication. Only in pay-per-use analysis or hybrid clusters with Kerberos authentication disabled, you can create jobs through the job management function on the MRS management console. For details, Creating a Job. If Kerberos authentication is enabled, create a job by referring to Creating a Job in a Security Cluster in Getting Started with Hadoop..
- Username: name of the MRS Manager administrator. admin is used by default.
- Password: password of the MRS Manager administrator.
MRS streaming clusters do not support job and file management functions.
- Click Next: Configure Hardware.
- Billing Mode: Use the default value. You can also set it to Pay-per-use.
- AZ: Use the default value.
- VPC: Use the default value. If there is no available VPC, click View VPC to access the VPC console and create a new VPC.
- Subnet: Use the default value.
- Security Group: Select Auto create.
- EIP: Select Bind later.
- Enterprise Project: Use the default value.
- CPU Architecture: Use the default value.
- Cluster HA: HA is enabled by default.
- Instance Specifications: Select General computing S2 > 8 vCPUs 16 GB (s2.2xlarge.2) for both Master and Core nodes.
- Instance Count: The number of Master nodes is 2 by default. Set the number of Core nodes to 3.
- Select Common I/O as the storage type.
- Use the default storage space (GB).
- Use the default number of data disks.
- Login Mode: Select a mode for logging in to an ECS.
- Password: Enter a password for logging in to an ECS.
- Key Pair: Select a key pair form the drop-down list. Select "I acknowledge that I have obtained private key file SSHkey-bba1.pem and that without this file I will not be able to log in to my ECS." If you have never created a key pair, click View Key Pair to create or import a key pair. And then, obtain a private key file.
- Click Next: Set Advanced Options. Use the default values of the parameters on this page.
- Click Buy Now.
- After confirming cluster details, click Submit Order for a yearly/monthly subscribed cluster or Submit Application for a pay-per-use cluster.
- Click Back to Cluster List to view the cluster status.
It takes some time to create a cluster. The initial status of the cluster is Starting. After the cluster has been created successfully, the cluster status becomes Running.