Creating a Cluster
To use MRS, you must purchase cluster resources first. This section describes how to create a cluster using MRS.
- Log in to the MRS management console.
- Click Buy Cluster and open the Buy Cluster page.
Note the usage of quotas when you create a cluster. If the resource quotas are insufficient, increase quotas as prompted before creating a cluster.
The following is a cluster configuration example:
- Billing Mode: Use the default value Yearly/Monthly or select Pay-per-use
- Region: Use the default value.
- AZ: Use the default value.
- Cluster Name: This parameter can be set to the default system name. For the ease of distinguishing and memorizing, it is recommended that the cluster name be set to a value consisting of the employee ID, short spelling of the user's name, or the date, for example, mrs_20160907.
- Cluster Version: Use the latest version by default.
- Enterprise Project: Use the default value.
- Kerberos Authentication: By default, it is enabled: .
- Username: Indicates the username for the administrator of MRS Manager. admin is used by default.
- Password: Indicates the password of the MRS Manager administrator.
- Cluster Type: Use the default value.
- Component: For an analysis cluster, select components Spark, HBase, Hive, and so on. For a streaming cluster, select components Kafka, Storm, and so on.
- VPC: Use the default value. If no virtual private cloud (VPC) exists, click View VPC to enter VPC, and create a VPC.
- Subnet: Use the default value. If no subnet is created in the VPC, click Create Subnet to create a subnet in the corresponding VPC.
- Security Group: Select Auto create.
- EIP: Select Bind later.
- Cluster HA: Cluster HA is enabled by default.
- Instance Specifications: Select General Computing S2 -> 8 vCPUs, 16 GB(s2.2xlarge.2) for both the Master and Core nodes.
- Instance Count: The number of Master nodes is fixed to 2. Set the number of Core nodes to 3.
- Storage Type: Select Common I/O.
- Storage Space (GB): Use the default value.
- Data Disk: Use the default value.
- Login Mode: Select the mode used for logging in to the ECS node.
- Password: Set the password used for logging in to the ECS node.
- Key Pair: Select the key pair, for example SSHkey-bba1.pem, from the drop-down list. If you have obtained the private key file, select I acknowledge that I have obtained private key file SSHkey-bba1.pem and that without this file I will not be able to log in to my ECS. If no key pair is created, click View Key Pair and create or import a key pair. Then obtain the private key file.
- Advanced Settings: Select Skip.
MRS streaming clusters do not support job and file management functions.
- Click Next.
- Confirm cluster specifications. If you select the Yearly/Monthly billing mode, click Submit Order. If you select the Pay-per-use billing mode, click Submit to submit a cluster creation task.
- Click Back to Cluster List to view the cluster status.
The cluster creation takes a while. The initial state of the cluster created is Starting. After the cluster is created successfully, the status will be updated to Running. Please be patient.