Attaching a Replication Pair
You can perform steps provided in this section to attach a replication pair to a protected instance. Then, the production site disk is attached to the production site server, and the DR site disk is attached to the DR site server.
After protection is enabled for a protected group, when data is written into the production site disk, the same data is written into the DR site disk synchronously.
If the number of replications not attached to any protected instance reaches five, you cannot create another replication pair.
- The protection group is in the Available or Protecting state.
- The protected instance is in the Available or Protecting state.
- The replication pair is in the Available or Protecting state.
- The non-shared replication pair has not been attached to any protected instance.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click Service List and choose Storage > Storage Disaster Recovery Service.
The Storage Disaster Recovery Service page is displayed.
- In the pane of the protection group for which the replication pair is to be attached to the protected instance, click Protected Instances.
The operation page for the protection group is displayed.
- On the Protected Instances tab, locate the row containing the desired protected instance and click Attach in the Operation column.
The Attach Replication Pair page is displayed.
- Select the replication pair to be attached and a desired device name, and click OK.
The replication pair is attached to the specified protected instance.