Expanding Replication Pair Capacity
If the replication pair capacity of your protection groups cannot meet your service requirements, you can perform steps provided in this section to expand the capacity of the specified replication pair. Replication pairs do not support capacity reduction or rollback after a successful capacity expansion.
After you expand the capacity of a replication pair, the capacity of both the production and DR site disks are changed.
- The replication pair for which the capacity is to be expanded is in the Available, Protecting, or Expansion failed state.
- The disks in the replication pair are in the Available or In-use state.
- If the billing mode of the disks in the replication pair is yearly/monthly, capacity expansion is not supported. If you want to increase the capacity of disks in the replication pair, delete the replication pair, expand the capacity of the production site disk, and then use the disk to create a replication pair.
- When the disks in a replication pair are not shared
If the disks in the replication pair are in the In-use state, the replication pair capacity can be expanded only when online capacity expansion is supported. If online capacity expansion is not supported, Expand Capacity in the Operation column is unavailable.
- When the disks in a replication pair are shared
The replication pair capacity cannot be expanded online if the disks are in the In-use state.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click Service List and choose Storage > Storage Disaster Recovery Service.
The Storage Disaster Recovery Service page is displayed.
- In the pane of the protection group for which the capacity of the replication pair is to be expanded, click Replication Pairs.
The operation page for the protection group is displayed.
- On the Replication Pairs tab, locate the row containing the replication pair for which the capacity is to be expanded and click Expand Capacity in the Operation column.
The Expand Capacity page is displayed.
- On the Expand Capacity page, confirm the replication pair information, configure Add Capacity, and click Next.
- If you do not need to modify the information, click Submit.
If you want to modify the information, click Previous and modify the information as required.