Enabling Protection Again
Once the failover is started, data synchronization stops. After the failover is complete, the protection group is in the Protection disabled state. To restart data synchronization, perform steps provided in this section.
- The protection group is in the Failover complete or Re-enabling protection failed.
- The replication pairs and protected instances in the protection group are in the Failover complete, Re-enabling protection failed, or Protecting state.
- The DR site server is stopped.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click Service List and choose Storage > Storage Disaster Recovery Service.
The Storage Disaster Recovery Service page is displayed.
- In the pane of the desired protection group, click Protected Instances.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click More and choose Enable Protection Again from the drop-down list.
The Enable Protection Again dialog box is displayed.
- Check whether all the servers in this protection group are stopped.
- If yes, go to step 6.
- If no, select the servers to be stopped and click Stop.
- On the Enable Protection Again dialog box, click Enable Protection Again.