Viewing Source Server Information
After the migration Agent is installed, the SMS service receives information reported by the migration Agent. You can log in to the management console at any time to view details about source servers.
If the migration Agent is installed and configured on the source server but the source server is not displayed on the Source Management page, see What Should I Do If the Source Server Information Is Not Displayed on the Source Management Page?
- Log in to the management console.
- Click Service List. Under Migration, click Server Migration Service.
The Server Migration Service page is displayed.
- In the navigation pane on the left, choose Source Management.
The Source Management page is displayed.
- On the Source Management page, click the name of the source server to go to the details page.
- On the Environment Check Information tab, you can view all check items and check results. For details about the check items, see What Kind of Information About Source Servers Are Collected by SMS? If the check result is Failed, you can view the failure cause in the Failure Cause column.
- On the NIC Information tab, you can view the name, IP address, MAC address, and MTU of the source NIC.
- On the Disk Information tab, you can view the name, format, size, and used space of the source disk.
After the source server information is reported to SMS, the migration Agent keeps the connection to the service within 24 hours. After you create a migration task for the source end, the migration Agent keeps the connection to the SMS service during migration and synchronization.
If you fail to complete one of the following operations within 24 hours, the migration Agent disconnects from the SMS service to avoid occupying network resources of the source server and SMS service. As a result, the Connection Status of the migration task changes to Lose Connection. If you need to reconnect to the source server, see How Do I Reestablish a Connection Between the Migration Agent and the SMS Service After the Connection Disconnected?
- Create a migration task for the source servers.
- Start the migration task you created for the source server.
- Start the synchronization for the completed migration task.
- Start the synchronization again after the migration task and synchronization task succeed.